UMass Boston Makerspace Staff include full time UMass Boston employees, hired UMass Boston student employees, hired High School interns coordinated through organizing partners, as well as passionate volunteers from UMass Boston and beyond.
As a Makerspace Staff, you have three goals:
- To learn how the Makerspace’s services and equipment work work through learning from existing staff, as well as self-paced research and experimenting.
- To assist and advise clients in their use of 3D Printers up to the level of your own experience, and helping the client to get additional help from others beyond that level.
- To expand the services that the Makerspace can give to our clients by offering and growing your own experiences in your areas of interest and expertise.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist clients with their projects with a maximum importance given to customer service.
- Helping clients 3D print their designs submitted to our Print Request Queue.
- Helping clients to understand and use 3D printers and other Makerspace equipment and services.
- Basic facility upkeep like keeping the lab clean.
- All Makerspace Staff are encouraged to work on their own maker projects, as personal passion projects are the best way to grow your own experience and be able to offer that knowledge to others.
Anyone is welcome to spend time at the UMass Boston makerspace while working on your projects and talking to the staff, and you should always feel free to help others while you’re there. If you’d like to become a more formal UMass Boston Makerspace Staff volunteer, or are interested in a student employment or internship position, please contact the Makerspace Supervisor to discuss what you have in mind, email@example.com. Paid student positions are limited by budget and scheduling restrictions, but preference would always be given to those who have participated on an unpaid volunteer basis in the past.